With a buzzing atmosphere and stunning scenery, the biggest challenge in Queenstown is to choose what to do! There are many attractions around Queenstown to suit every type of person.
Here are a few ideas of Queenstown’s must-see attractions.
- Ride the Skyline Gondola for stunning views.
- Do some Stargazing of Queenstown’s clear, unpolluted skies from the top of Bob’s Peak
- Milford Sound and Doubtful Sound – a perfect day trip from Queenstown.
- Many events are hosted here – keep an eye on Queenstown’s events calendar to save the date!
- Take an afternoon trip to visit nearby Arrowtown. Visit the Lakes District Museum, learn about the gold-mining boom in 1862 and take in some of the walking tracks. Make sure to visit the bakery for Arrowtown’s famous pies!
- Relax with a choice of Spa’s.
- Meander around Queenstown Gardens – feed the ducks or play frisbee golf.
- Visit Kiwi Birdlife Park and learn about the nations flightless bird.
- Sail on the TSS Earnlsaw which is over 101 years old.
- Visit many Art Galleries dotted around the region.
- Break One Clay Target Shooting will pick you up from your Queenstown accommodation and guarantee that you will hit a target.
- There are plenty fish in the lake and rivers around Queenstown. Check out Queenstown Fishing Rental & Tours for a tailored fishing trip.
- Wander around the Saturday market at Earnslaw Park and check out the Summer Farmers Market at St. Peter’s Church on Church St, both in the CBD.
There are also many other excellent activities to fill your Queenstown vacation such as adrenaline activities, biking & hiking, golf courses, tours, and award winning restaurants and wineries.